Re: A-Series oil filters

To: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A-Series oil filters
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:34:21 -0700
Hi Greg,

The Fram number is PH966B, the I think they have updated to new series
numbers. However, there are several filters that will work also. For
example the PH16, which is a larger diameter, but has the correct contact
surface for the sealing gasket. I have recently chnaged over to the AC
(PF13) as it was independently examined and found to be better. For a
complete cross refererence andthe link to the oil filter review, see the
Tech Tips page on my web site.

The guy that put up the oil filter page cut them all open and examined
their construction. He also references who builds what for who. It's
revealing how much more you can pay for the same filter under a different
brand name.

 http://www.gerardsgarage.com

I have Tech Tips links all over the site.

Gerard

At 9:19 AM -0500 5/2/00, Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com wrote:
>My 948 has a 1275 spin-on oil filter adapter (3/4-16 thrd).
>Last year I used a German-made filter which is not readily
>available, and also a Fram filter that had an obsolete p/n.
>Both were short, no more than 3.75 in.long. Neither p/n can
>be cross-referenced to anything.
>
>If any Thickos have a similar stock set-up, can you share
>the p/n of your preferred oil filter? Thanks alot.
>
>Side.
>Bugeye #517
>Cedarburg, WI

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux