Re: Speaking Odd Cars

To: speckman@coredcs.com, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaking Odd Cars
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:38:48 PST
>From: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
>To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
>Subject: Speaking Odd Cars
>Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:38:24 -0600
>
>Reading about Mike Rosen's newest find, I am reminded of the car we see at
>several VSCDA events.
>
>It is an open wheel car, fabricated from the fuel drop tank off of a
>fighter
>jet.  I must admit, I dont have any more details.  Perhaps someone else on
>the list could enlighten us more on this car.
>
>To say the least, it is a real trip watching this car race.  I wish I had a
>picture of it for you all to see.
>
>Anybody have more information on this car?
>
>Petro, do you have any pics of this car in your achives?
>
>Gary

      Gary,
      If this was the car that ran at IRP last October, believe I
      do... I remember the guy called it a "Formula Canada" car or
      somesuch. It certainly is up there with the weirder vintage
      racers I ever seen. I'll try to remember to dig it out of my
      IRP `99 book and post it.

      BTW, I'm planning to attend the VSCDA event next month... What
      is the "dress" for these soire's?

      Greg "4 ties" Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)