Re: Thicko's AuGrattan

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Thicko's AuGrattan
From: Paul Fitzsimmons <fitzsmns@mwci.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 23:26:51 -0500
It was a great weekend at Grattan.  Grattan is one of those tracks where you
have a good time even if your car isn't running as good as you would like.  Some
additional observations:

    1.  Matt Primack broke his first Sprite axle.

    2.  Matt was wondering how to get the broken axle out, as soon as WST's name
was mentioned, the axle removed itself.

    3.  The mechanic with the FV and Super V trailer was the real piece of
work.  Dan and I had the end of the paddoc row staked off, he pulled in and I
told him we were saving space for several large units.  His response - "They
aren't here"  Every time I came in from a session he had something or other
blocking the paddock lane and my shelter.  You're damn right it took him a long
time to get out Sunday.

    4.  I was down by Turn 1 during the FV  and USRRC races Sunday.  Great fun
watching 5 FV's nose to tail at full speed going into the turn, except when they
were two abreast.

    5.  Also great fun watching the Red Rat dribbling its right rear wheel
through Turn 1.
Fitz