Re: Mosport

To: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Mosport
From: M&J Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 23:18:25 -0400
Roger Garnett wrote:

> On 28 May 99, at 8:19, Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:
>
> > We're going to Mosport... anyone else going? Lots of tracktime and dirt
> > cheap.
>
> We'll get to see how Black Bart's cheater engine pulls him around Mosport,
> eh?
>
> I should have a better idea in another week. My car is complexity apart at the
> bodyshop, but we should make some good progress this weekend.
>
> A tough issue to address: Where to paddock?
>
> Last year's thicko visitors parked in the upper paddock  near Mike Rosen &
> crew. But many of us VARAC the BMC powered cars park down in turn 1, on
> the newer pavement or edge of the grass...
>
> Roger

My sources tell me ( If I'd gotten off my ass and stopped spending time in my
office and working on my house and actually gotten my car rerady and gone to
Mosport for the first race and seen for myself)(Heminway would have said was a
run-on sentence, Joyce wouldn't have noticed) that ALL the grass inside corner
one is now some pavey/gravel stuff - the only green being right around the
bathroom... but the good news is - there's a new beer pavillion there.

If you get there at a decent time on Thursday, where I park on the upper,
upper,upper paddock, for my money ( non-existant) is the best place in the
joint.  Trees for shade, close to the grid and a private bathroom in the tower
away from the riff-raff.

Just as a shameless bit of self promo... anyone see my car in Victory Lane -
middle of the small photo on the cover and big photo top of pg 24?

See everyone at Mosport.

Mike