Re: Cantilever slicks on 5" rims

To: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Cantilever slicks on 5" rims
From: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 06:42:34 -0500
Mike, first, thanks for the Sprite poem. That was cool.

Good luck at Bathurst..keep us posted.

I know what you mean about old tires being difficult to remove.

When I got the #55 Team Thicko Bugeye, it came with four old...very old,
Goodyear BlueStreak racing tires mounted to American Racing "Libre" wheels.

Damn near had to cut the tires off.  I threw them (the old tires) in my
storage garage and wouldnt you know it, but one of my kids buddies saw them
and just had to have them! I told him they were 25-30 year old tires,
brittle as can be, and were not safe to use.  Well, he took them, mounted
them on some go cart-like contraption he made and is cruising the dirt roads
around his house with them to this day.

I dont have any advice on removing these old tires, but your story reminded
me of the hassles I had with those BlueStreaks...and the fact that they
still live on.

Gary
MOD-TT
Plover, WI