Re: Jefferson 500 Team Escargot Victory

To: Vaughn.Rockney@geis.ge.com, owner-team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Jefferson 500 Team Escargot Victory
From: S800Racer <S800Racer@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 15:24:03 EDT
Vaughn,
        I will gladly confirm that the Team Escargot Honda S800 took 1st place
in
class at the Jefferson 500.  It was a good weekend for the S800 half of Team
Escargot - ran fast and consistent all weekend.  Kudos to my genial, fast and
consistent co-driver, Derek Harling.
        It was not such a great weekend for the NTM half of Team Escargot.  The
NTM
suffered from an electrical short that burned the wires to the fuel pump and
stopped the fuel pump in the first practice.  In the second practice we
learned that the burned wires also burned the clutch lines and leaked out the
fluid.  In the third session we learned that the burned wires also put a hole
in an oil line.  After spending half the weekend replacing various burned
lines, the car suffered from severe overheating.

                Doug Meis - Team Escargot