Challenge: was just wonderin'

To: "'Mike Gigante'" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>,
Subject: Challenge: was just wonderin'
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 16:22:28 +1100
Just a thought about a challenge.

What about trying to organise a race in Australia for a date somewhere =
in Jan/Feb 1999 (at the very earliest)?  Suggest then because it would =
take some sorting out relative to race calendars, promoters, licencing =
requirements, etc.  Big advantage of Jan/Feb in Oz is the weather (which =
stops you being frigid in Iowa), plus off-season for US, plus should be =
able to ship cars in and out without impacting the US racing commitments =
(too much?).  Also, might be able to float around with other =
events/happenings, such as Australia Day (26-Jan) and visits to =
wineries, in order to make it more attractive for your domestic =
treasurer, etc.

Assume it would need to be Production (?whatever that means) Sports Cars =
- just so we are likely to get like for like, roughly speaking given the =
nature of the different countries' classes and rules.  However, we could =
determine what else could be run - bring on the tin tops - if it would =
add to the numbers/interest.

We would also need to find some other race meeting(s) about the same =
time to make the trip worthwhile for overseas combatants (sorry, =
drivers).

This is not going to be easy because there would be some significant =
bureaucratic elements to overcome - formal submissions to CAMS, etc - =
this could take well over 12 months.  So, before I go too far down the =
investigative path - are people interested?

Also, please note that the Australian Customs Service has already =
determined that WhupAss is a controlled substance and is therefore on =
the list of prohibited items subject to confiscation at port of entry.

....regards...Andrew "Axeman" Pursey of The Morris Dancers....1955 =
Morris Oxford (racing in Group Na pre'58 Classic Saloons), 1956 Morris =
Isis (almost a daily driver) and 1996 Saab 900S Coupe (quality worse =
than most LBCs and Saab attitude to customers worse than BL ever was =
back in the 70s - don't buy a Saab)....alternate email =
saabsux@hotmail.com