Re: [Spridgets] Ruminations on OSHITs and Frank

To: "'nory1@roadrunner.com'" <nory1@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ruminations on OSHITs and Frank
From: nory1--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 15:29:08 +0000 2KXQjvP89S4MS6FGh9ed3+3BPPbt+Uh48DMyyVNSBvLwvrUFH1bJ+zNqatGl1iTT83jVu7dCpcIKLa5uyIDjVMIzcMCmPva7zSGTCPWxchWZy0N/5cE8ElzK
Cc: 'Spridgets list' <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--=_fb5b5e906f7a9a2404ad3fa3aabb795c

I still have Father Jack's old Midget (which Frank worked on for=0Ahim).=
. the one he sold to raise funds for work on the Holy Sprite. A=0Aback=
 injury several years ago has left me largely unable to work on=0Ait, so=
 it's been sitting in my garage all this time. If any lister is=0Aintere=
sted in it, I'd love to see it go to someone who knew Frank. I=0Ahave a=
 bunch of used spare parts you're welcome to rifle through too,=0Alol.=
=0A-Nory=0A=0A On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 01:43, Mark Haynes via Spridgets =
 wrote:=0A   This'll be a little long, so bear with me or just delete as=
 you see=0Afit. I was having a beer with a friend who got me into AutoX=
 last=0Anight and he mentioned that he'd told his wife about how I trave=
lled=0Ato Dodge City to help out Jim Johnson with his Sprite. he inferre=
d=0Athat I did it because it was pay back, and I told him no, that I did=
=0Ait 'um, I'm not sure why'. Today I was stacking wood for the winter,=
=0Awhich is a kind of meditative process, and realized that the reason=
=0Awhy I am willing to travel long distances to help people that I've=0A=
never met is Frank Clarici, and his motto "Pay it Forward". This=0Areali=
zation that Frank is still affecting my life and correcting my=0Aattitud=
e was very powerful. That a man who I never met could have such=0Aa long=
 lasting affect on me and my approach to others simply=0Aastonishes me.=
=0A The fact that OSHITs are still occurring is a testament to what he=
=0Abelieved, that there is always someone out there willing to devote=0A=
their time and skills to help others who are unable to finish a labor=0A=
of love. I have found that I enjoy the sharing of the knowledge and=0Ask=
ills we all have acquired, both ways, is one of the best parts of an=0AO=
SHIT, not to mention the prodding and poking and general lack of any=0Ar=
espect for one's person =F0=9F=98=9C. The ability of everyone to come=0A=
together from great distances and work toward a common goal for=0Aanothe=
r is such a gift to all who are involved, not the least of whom=0Ais the=
 car owner. My local British car buddies are great, but having=0Athe opp=
ortunity to come together with folks from so distant is a gift=0Athat I=
 cannot express. If you're still reading this, I'm sure that you=0Atoo,=
 knew Frank. If you've never taken part in an OSHIT, I would=0Aencourage=
 you to do so, you'll meet like-minded folks, enjoy some=0Alaughs, make=
 some memories, make some friends, drink some beers and=0Amost of all, c=
reate an enduring memorial to The Dean of Spridgets,=0AFrank Clarici. As=
 always, PAY IT FORWARD!=0A     Mark Haynes=0A It only goes one way- Pay=
 It Forward=0A     ------------------------=0A

--=_fb5b5e906f7a9a2404ad3fa3aabb795c

 for him)... &nbsp;the one he sold to raise funds for work on the Holy S=
prite. &nbsp;A back injury several years ago has left me largely unable=
 to work on it, so it's been sitting in my garage all this time. &nbsp;I=
f any lister is interested in it, I'd love to see it go to someone who k=
new Frank. &nbsp;I have a bunch of used spare parts you're welcome to ri=
gmail_attr">On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 01:43,=0AMark Haynes via Spridgets &l=
lass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px .8ex;border-left:1px so=
lid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex;">=0A<div dir=3D"ltr">=0A<div>This=
'll be a little long, so bear with me or just delete as=0Ayou see fit.</=
div>=0A<div>I was having a beer with a friend who got me into AutoX last=
=0Anight and he mentioned that he'd told his wife about how I=0Atravelle=
d to Dodge City to help out Jim Johnson with his Sprite. he=0Ainferred t=
hat I did it because it was pay back, and I told him no,=0Athat I did it=
 'um, I'm not sure why'.</div>=0A<div>Today I was stacking wood for the=
 winter, which is a kind of=0Ameditative process, and realized that the=
 reason why I am willing=0Ato travel long distances to help&nbsp; people=
 that I've never met=0Ais Frank Clarici, and his motto "Pay it Forward".=
=0Acorrecting my attitude was very powerful. That a man who I never=0Ame=
t could have such a long lasting affect on me and my approach to=0Aother=
 occurring is a testament to=0Awhat he believed, that there is always so=
meone out there willing to=0Adevote their time and skills to help others=
 who are unable to=0Afinish a labor of love. I have found that I enjoy t=
he sharing of=0Athe knowledge and skills we all have acquired, both ways=
, is one of=0Athe best parts of an OSHIT, not to mention the prodding an=
d poking=0Aand general lack of any respect for one's person =F0=9F=98=9C=
nces=0Aand work toward a common goal for another is such a gift to all w=
ho=0Aare involved, not the least of whom is the car owner. My local=0ABr=
itish car buddies are great, but having the opportunity to come=0Atogeth=
er with folks from so distant is a gift that I cannot=0Aexpress.</div>=
=0A<div>If you're still reading this, I'm sure that you too, knew=0AFran=
k. If you've never taken part in an OSHIT, I would encourage=0Ayou to do=
 so, you'll meet like-minded folks, enjoy some laughs,=0Amake some memor=
ies, make some friends, drink some beers and most of=0Aall, create an en=
during memorial to The Dean of Spridgets, Frank=0AClarici.</div>=0A<div>=

--=_fb5b5e906f7a9a2404ad3fa3aabb795c--

--===============2990318494929639186==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============2990318494929639186==--