Re: [Spridgets] Ruminations on OSHITs and Frank

To: Dave and Terri Woerpel <dtwoerpel@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ruminations on OSHITs and Frank
From: Ron Soave via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 06:14:11 -0500
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-AE93C1D1-A574-4E56-9487-506FD1EDE7F2
        charset=utf-8

One reason I race a Spridget is that the spirit is still very much alive and=
 well. The silent force behind many OSHITs and what still goes on today is K=
evin Valentine. His knowledge and generosity is unparalleled.=20

After many years of never havingvenough space, I finally have a dream garage=
 (attached to a nightmare house). Nothing would make me happier than to plan=
 an OSHIT to properly christen it. My one stipulation is that everyone needs=
 to take parts off my shelves when you go. I can=E2=80=99t believe how much t=
here is. As my great friend Ron Downs says, =E2=80=9CI=E2=80=99ve got more p=
rojects left than I do haircuts.=E2=80=9D =20

Ron Soave

> On Oct 22, 2021, at 9:47 PM, Dave and Terri Woerpel via Spridgets <spridge=
ts@autox.team.net> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> Mark my friend,  you had me close to tears...not at the passing of Frank, a=
lthough it wouldn't take much, but for the pure altruism of kindness and ser=
vice to others.  When I took part in the Holy Sprite project I did so becaus=
e I had to be a part of whatever it was that made folks relay a Sprite from C=
alifornia to New Jersey, tear it apart, restore, and reassemble in 2-3 month=
s and hand it off to a retiring priest.  There was something Big at work.  A=
ll walks of life came together for a common purpose and all have been Paying=
 It Forward ever since.  It's Frank's legacy and it's there on the sticker o=
n my toolbox:  WWFD?   It's why I wrote an article to Vintage Motorsports (I=
IRC); the world needed to know about Frank. Why can't the world pick up wher=
e Frank left off?  In some small way it is...with US!
>=20
> Thanks for the reminder Mark and George.=20
>=20
> Dave W
>=20
> 59 :()
>=20
> Burlington WI=20
>=20
> "Pay It Forward"
>=20
>> On Fri, Oct 22, 2021, 7:43 PM Mark Haynes via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.=
team.net> wrote:
>> This'll be a little long, so bear with me or just delete as you see fit.
>> I was having a beer with a friend who got me into AutoX last night and he=
 mentioned that he'd told his wife about how I travelled to Dodge City to he=
lp out Jim Johnson with his Sprite. he inferred that I did it because it was=
 pay back, and I told him no, that I did it 'um, I'm not sure why'.
>> Today I was stacking wood for the winter, which is a kind of meditative p=
rocess, and realized that the reason why I am willing to travel long distanc=
es to help  people that I've never met is Frank Clarici, and his motto "Pay i=
t Forward".
>> This realization that Frank is still affecting my life and correcting my a=
ttitude was very powerful. That a man who I never met could have such a long=
 lasting affect on me and my approach to others simply astonishes me.=20
>> The fact that OSHITs are still occurring is a testament to what he believ=
ed, that there is always someone out there willing to devote their time and s=
kills to help others who are unable to finish a labor of love. I have found t=
hat I enjoy the sharing of the knowledge and skills we all have acquired, bo=
th ways, is one of the best parts of an OSHIT, not to mention the prodding a=
nd poking and general lack of any respect for one's person =F0=9F=98=9C.
>> The ability of everyone to come together from great distances and work to=
ward a common goal for another is such a gift to all who are involved, not t=
he least of whom is the car owner. My local British car buddies are great, b=
ut having the opportunity to come together with folks from so distant is a g=
ift that I cannot express.
>> If you're still reading this, I'm sure that you too, knew Frank. If you'v=
e never taken part in an OSHIT, I would encourage you to do so, you'll meet l=
ike-minded folks, enjoy some laughs, make some memories, make some friends, d=
rink some beers and most of all, create an enduring memorial to The Dean of S=
pridgets, Frank Clarici.
o@yahoo.com

--Apple-Mail-AE93C1D1-A574-4E56-9487-506FD1EDE7F2
        charset=utf-8

utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">One reason I race a Spridget is that the sp=
irit is still very much alive and well. The silent force behind many OSHITs a=
nd what still goes on today is Kevin Valentine. His knowledge and generosity=
enough space, I finally have a dream garage (attached to a nightmare house).=
 Nothing would make me happier than to plan an OSHIT to properly christen it=
. My one stipulation is that everyone needs to take parts off my shelves whe=
n you go. I can=E2=80=99t believe how much there is. As my great friend Ron D=
owns says, =E2=80=9CI=E2=80=99ve got more projects left than I do haircuts.=E2=
lockquote type=3D"cite">On Oct 22, 2021, at 9:47 PM, Dave and Terri Woerpel v=
k my friend,&nbsp; you had me close to tears...not at the passing of Frank, a=
lthough it wouldn't take much, but for the pure altruism of kindness and ser=
vice to others.&nbsp; When I took part in the Holy Sprite project I did so b=
ecause I had to be a part of whatever it was that made folks relay a Sprite f=
rom California to New Jersey, tear it apart, restore, and reassemble in 2-3 m=
onths and hand it off to a retiring priest.&nbsp; There was something Big at=
 work.&nbsp; All walks of life came together for a common purpose and all ha=
ve been Paying It Forward ever since.&nbsp; It's Frank's legacy and it's the=
re on the sticker on my toolbox:&nbsp; WWFD?&nbsp; &nbsp;It's why I wrote an=
 article to Vintage Motorsports (IIRC); the world needed to know about Frank=
. Why can't the world pick up where Frank left off?&nbsp; In some small way i=
lass=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Oct 22, 2021, 7:43 PM Mark Haynes via Spridgets &=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&=
gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .=
8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>This'=
ll be a little long, so bear with me or just delete as you see fit.</div><di=
v>I was having a beer with a friend who got me into AutoX last night and he m=
entioned that he'd told his wife about how I travelled to Dodge City to help=
 out Jim Johnson with his Sprite. he inferred that I did it because it was p=
ay back, and I told him no, that I did it 'um, I'm not sure why'.</div><div>=
Today I was stacking wood for the winter, which is a kind of meditative proc=
ess, and realized that the reason why I am willing to travel long distances t=
o help&nbsp; people that I've never met is Frank Clarici, and his motto "Pay=
 it Forward".</div><div>This realization that Frank is still affecting my li=
fe and correcting my attitude was very powerful. That a man who I never met c=
ould have such a long lasting affect on me and my approach to others simply a=
estament to what he believed, that there is always someone out there willing=
 to devote their time and skills to help others who are unable to finish a l=
abor of love. I have found that I enjoy the sharing of the knowledge and ski=
lls we all have acquired, both ways, is one of the best parts of an OSHIT, n=
ot to mention the prodding and poking and general lack of any respect for on=
e's person =F0=9F=98=9C.</div><div>The ability of everyone to come together f=
rom great distances and work toward a common goal for another is such a gift=
 to all who are involved, not the least of whom is the car owner. My local B=
ritish car buddies are great, but having the opportunity to come together wi=
th folks from so distant is a gift that I cannot express.</div><div>If you'r=
e still reading this, I'm sure that you too, knew Frank. If you've never tak=
en part in an OSHIT, I would encourage you to do so, you'll meet like-minded=
 folks, enjoy some laughs, make some memories, make some friends, drink some=
 beers and most of all, create an enduring memorial to The Dean of Spridgets=
v dir=3D"ltr" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Mark H=
iv></div>
------------------------<br>
rer">spridgets@autox.team.net</a><br>
rrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"noreferr=
er noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>=
&nbsp; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
ts/dwoerpel@wi.net" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://a=
utox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/dwoerpel@wi.net</a><br>
e: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/soavero@yahoo.com</span><=

--Apple-Mail-AE93C1D1-A574-4E56-9487-506FD1EDE7F2--

--===============0590758905393569267==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============0590758905393569267==--