Re: [Spridgets] Repairing Fuel Tank Update

To: Bruce Hamper <brucehamper@gmail.com>, Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Repairing Fuel Tank Update
From: GUY DAY via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 09:17:27 +0100 (BST)

------=_Part_374968_748222072.1623226647910

Well done Bruce.

Stay well

Guy R Day

------ Original Message ------
From: "Bruce Hamper via Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
To: "Spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, 9 Jun, 21 At 03:09
Subject: [Spridgets] Repairing Fuel Tank Update

Thanks for all the responses to the fuel tank posting!  It's nice to see
all the familiar names and get a collective set of ideas.  I didn't go
the BBQ route. Instead, I bought nifty pliers with two pivot points to
extend the reach.  These are a great addition to my tools - Crescent 2x
pliers.  With these 12 inch pliers, I was able to grab and remove the
filter in the tank.  A cleaning with solvent was all I needed to get the
tank looking nice on the inside.
I also replaced the sending unit with a brass float.  The plastic float
was full of gas.  No wonder the tank always reads empty.
Now I have a clean tank, two in-line filters (one before the pump and
one before the carbs) and a reliable Facet pump.  Just went out for the
first drive of 2021.
As a backstory, I drove my '69 blue Sprite to Sprite 50 (2008 Lake of
the Ozarks, MO) and Spridget 50 (2011-Elkhart Lake).  Those events
inspired me to find a Bugeye Sprite.  Glad to say it is finally running!
Bruce
'59 Bugeye in St. Louis
  ------------------------
spridgets@autox.team.net
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
<http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets>
http://autox.team.net/archive <http://autox.team.net/archive>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/grday@btinternet.com
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/grday@btinternet.com>

------=_Part_374968_748222072.1623226647910

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org=
/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/1999/xh=
tml"> <head> <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3DUTF-8" /> </head> <body><div class=3D"auto-created-dir-div" dir=3D"auto=
" style=3D"unicode-bidi: embed;"><style>p{margin:0}</style>Well done Bruce.=
style=3D"margin: 0 auto; padding: 0 2em; border-left:2px solid #00ADE5; whi=
Bruce Hamper via Spridgets&quot; &lt;spridgets@autox.team.net&gt;<br>To: &q=
uot;Spridget list&quot; &lt;spridgets@autox.team.net&gt;<br>Sent: Wednesday=
, 9 Jun, 21 At 03:09<br>Subject: [Spridgets] Repairing Fuel Tank Update<br>=
  It&#39;s nice to see all the familiar names and get a collective set of i=
deas.  I didn&#39;t go the BBQ route. Instead, I bought nifty pliers with t=
wo pivot points to extend the reach.  These are a great addition to my tool=
s - Crescent 2x pliers.  With these 12 inch pliers, I was able to grab and =
remove the filter in the tank.  A cleaning with solvent was all I needed to=
 get the tank looking nice on the inside.  <div>I also replaced the sending=
 unit with a brass float.  The plastic float was full of gas.  No wonder th=
e tank always reads empty.  </div><div>Now I have a clean tank, two in-line=
 filters (one before the pump and one before the carbs) and a reliable Face=
t pump.  Just went out for the first drive of 2021.  </div><div>As a backst=
ory, I drove my &#39;69 blue Sprite to Sprite 50 (2008 Lake of the Ozarks, =
MO) and Spridget 50 (2011-Elkhart Lake).  Those events inspired me to find =
www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&#x0A;Sugg=
ested annual donation: $12.75<br>&#x0A;<br>&#x0A;Archive: <a target=3D"_bla=
nk" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets";>http://www.team.net/pi=
permail/spridgets</a>  <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/a=
nage: <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/sp=
ridgets/grday@btinternet.com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridge=