Re: [Spridgets] Death and taxes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Death and taxes
From: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:41:00 -0800
Michael,

Unfortunately, this seems to be a universal truth. Your description
fits my experience on no less than two occasions and I know others who
have been through the same as well. If you are just getting started,
expect things to get worse before they get better. The first one took
me over 3 years, the second was 14 years ago, and the trust left for
me has never been disbursed to me, so I would add that you can't even
expect that an executor or trustee will do the right thing either, so
choose carefully who you trust to be in charge.

My sympathies.

Gerard

On Jan 23, 2012, at 9:17 AM, spridgets-request@autox.team.net wrote:

> Message: 11
> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:24:56 -0500
> From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Death and taxes
>
> Group,
>
> I have just returned from dealing with a death in the family.
> Remember, you
> could get hit by a drunk (or whatever).  Regardless of age, start
> right now
> gathering any records that an executor might need and put them
> together in
> one place.  Tell several people where they are if it is not obvious.
> Include a copy of your will.  (Write a will if you do not already
> have one.
> Even a simple, notorized one will do in a pinch.  If you have real
> money or
> young children, have a lawyer prepare a will that is so general that
> it will
> work indefinitely.)  Do not put your will in a safe deposit box  or
> fire box
> without information on how to get into that box.  Do not accumulate
> financial records year after year without ornanization, at least by
> year.
>
> Assume there will be at least one vulture in the family, most likely
> more
> that one.  Assume there will be at least one member of the family
> who sits
> on her very fat ass while everyone else is working their asses off.
> (Most
> probably that ass will support one of the vultures!)  Prepare
> emotionally
> for the worst in everyone.
>
> Think about what you would have to do if someone you do not know all
> that
> well left you to deal with an estate.
>
> Michael Rowe

spridgets@autox.team.net