Re: dueling websites?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dueling websites?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:03:26 -0600 {sentby:smtp 192.190.246.2 authed with dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com} with any abuse report
> The ONLY way anything will get properly done is by organizing from the top
> down and then the effective management of assigned/volunteer duties/jobs.

As I commented to a friend off-list,
You got it. Everybody likes the theory, but the moment you try to get two of
these non-conformist ornery old cusses like me to agree to a detail,
everything breaks up unless someone is willing to step up and take control
and start delegating the work. Unfortunately, the ones capable of doing so
have all done so at some point in the past and learned their lesson, so we
will likely end up with some poor schmuck who doesn't know any better and
will regret it for the rest of the duration until he can join the ranks of
the BTDT. (not referring to you, of course ;-)

Flounder's scheme has a lot going for it except that there are not likely to
be any venues west of the Missouri River. If he were to be foolish enough to
have a get-together at each venue with the main shindigs being at VIR and
Rockford, and someone else were to organize something on the Left coast, it
would probably work. It would be nice if he could arrange for the Monday
after each race to be a track day for Spridgets, wouldn't it?
David "organizationally impaired" Lieb