Re: Fuel Stabilizer - Now Acetone

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Subject: Re: Fuel Stabilizer - Now Acetone
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:01:37 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
On Oct 27, 2005, at 7:39 PM, Timothy H. Collins wrote:

> I got my Autoweek mag today. Denise McCluggage writes an article about
> biodiesel and other subjects. One is the addition of a few ounces of
> Acetone which supposedly greatly increases mileage. If this had been
> the April 1st issue, I wouldn't believe it. Is this just a joke or has
> anyone else heard of this? I haven't Googled this yet, but she
> references; "Louis LaPointe, a Minnesotan who has been increasing gas
> mileage for years . . ."

A friend (Sal) who has a fleet of delivery trucks (Ford Rangers) has
been running tests on acetone for the past 6 months.  He tells me he's
getting an average of 15 to 20 percent better mileage on the trucks he
is using acetone in compared to the trucks he is running straight gas.
He has been adding the acetone to the tanks without telling his drivers
so they don't "adjust" their driving habits and he has been rotating
the trucks for various routes.  He's using 1 ounce per 10 gallons of
fuel.

Sal owns a NAPA store and takes very good care of his vehicles.  (He
also owns a Spitfire, but he's thinking of buying a Spridget ;)

Kevin V.