Re: Tire'ed of playing the game

To: Kendel McCarley <kmmccarley@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Tire'ed of playing the game
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:03:21 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Kendel McCarley wrote:

>Well, I thought I was going to get a set of Dunlops mounted up at Sam's Club
>on my newly painted rims.  It turns out that they can't balance the things on
>their machine.  I like buying tires there as I don't have to play the extra
>fee (mounting, balancing, stem, road hazard, etc.) game that practically
>doubles the cost of tires at other places, but their failed attempt at
>balancing screwed up a nice base / clear coat paint job on the first rim.

Look around for a local tire guy.  I use a guy in New Brunswick.  He has
better prices then Costco.  It is a couple of guy shop and all they do
is mount and balance tires.  They don't even have a lift or garage.  You
pull in on a concrete pad they jack up the car with floor jacks and away
they go.  They charge you one price for mounting, and balancing and a
fee if you want them to dispose of the tires.  I have seen wire wheels
in the shop.  They do good work and will get you what ever tires you
want.  I like using the small guy, as he remembers me, and the tires I
put on the car.  That is my advice.

Gilroy