Re: car stereo for Mini

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: car stereo for Mini
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:59:15 -0500
Cc: Spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Geoff Branch wrote:

>I want to install a stereo in my '72 Mini.  There is no dash hole for a radio,
>and the dash doesn't lend itself to modification, so I'm thinking of putting
>it under the back seat.  The problem then is control.
>
>I'm thinking that a wireless remote won't work because it's line of site.  Is
>this correct?
>
>Anyone know of any WIRED remote stereos?  I have been looking on line, and
>most of the WIRED remotes are for CD changers with FM modulators.

Lots of stereos now days have a removable faceplate.  I think that some
of the riceboys build/have built connectors between the stereo and the
faceplate.  You might want to check with the local riceboys or your
favorite whump, whump muffler/audio shop.  Worth a try and long live the
rice boys.  Let us know what you find out.

Bill Gilroy
77 Nad freezing Midget