Re: Internet Car Ads was Re: Bugeye F/S

To: frogeye <frogeye@gateway.net>
Subject: Re: Internet Car Ads was Re: Bugeye F/S
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:34:49 -0600
Cc: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
>From a seller's standpoint: it's pretty easy from the safety of our keyboard,as
a potential buyer, to be highly critical and demanding of the seller's ad's. I
suspect that in a face to face situation the buyer's wouldn't have the nerve to
make the demands and really lame excuses for the seller to change the pricing of
a for sale car.>>

While in some cases your assumption would be true, I bought our 65 Sprite off an
e-advert that Gerard forwarded to me. The Buyer was asking $1500 for a non-op
car that needed an engine rebuild and paint. I called and made clear that I was
interested in looking, but not at that price, and that if he was willing to
negotiate, I would bring cash and look. I was critical of the car face to face,
I also asked pointed (not rude) questions about the cars running history. I
purchased the car for almost half the asking price. We all have some idea of
what the cars are worth and what we, ourselves,  are willing to pay. I would pay
half of his asking price where as others (Frank) would probably talk the owner
into paying him to haul it off  .........