Re: Final Prep for 5 Speed Installation

To: "Dave Hiley" <dhiley@cadvision.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Final Prep for 5 Speed Installation
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:14:56 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Dan

I just pounded it back a 1/2" or so starting in the center and working out a
couple of inches on each side of the center.

I have fitted the Rivergate provided slave and a 948 slave without problems.
The 948 slave did require enlargement of the bolt holes. Are you using the
1275 slave?

A pump will help. If you can get the oil in the tall 1 qt squeeze bottles
you can squirt about 1/2 qt at a time into the tranny. Buy more than you
need and keep refilling. I fill mine before I install it. I use the front
piece of an old Datsun driveshaft to slip into the rear seal to keep it from
leaking while it is tilted. I then just reach in and remove the piece before
installing the driveshaft.