Undercoating

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Undercoating
From: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu (Glen Byrns)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:59:37 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Question to the list...
 Does anyone have any opinions on 3M Rubberized Undercoating.  I plan to use
it only the underside wheel well panels that face the tread of the tire. My
goal is to better protect the underlying metal from thrown up road grit and
gravel.  All old paint and coatings already removed and black enamel
currently covers all surfaces.  I would mask off and add it over the top of
the enamel on the critical panels.

1. Does it work well?
2. Is it not worth the effort?
3. Is it a giant unforgiveable idiotic screw-up?

Thanks for the input folks.             Regards, Glen Byrns
                                        59 bugeye to be