Re: Spitfire Swing Spring

To: llst@shaw.ca, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Swing Spring
From: Dale M Osterndorf <osternd@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:21:19 -0400
Larry,

If you are referring to the rubber bushes in the flex coupling, I rebuilt
mine fairly recently and it made a huge difference in the steering.  I
bought rubber cone washers from the hardware store (5/8" if I recall
correctly) for faucets.  The  center is too small and needs to be opened
up.  I put the washers in the freezer for about 15 min, and then placed
them in a 13mm socket and drilled with a 1/4" drill.  I guess it's been
more than recently as I can't be positive of all the numbers I quoted
here, but it should be obvious if you compare with the old bushings.

Dale O
'78 Spit
'76 TR6