RE: 1500 Valve Rocker Cover Fit 1300?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1500 Valve Rocker Cover Fit 1300?
From: Mark.Green@communityhospital.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:59:21 -0400
Thanks for the info. I did look at some other Spitfire parts catalogs and
the some thing holds true - seems like the 1300 and 1500 engine uses the
same valve rocker cover.

Oh by the way - the gentleman is throwing in a new gasket as well and the
cover has already been repainted and all for only $20.

I just love deals like these!

Mark

'72 Spitfire Mark IV - "Murdock"

             "Gosling, Richard
             B"
             <Richard.Gosling@                                          To
             atkinsglobal.com>         Mark Green/TCH@LN,
                                       spitfires@autox.team.net
             07/22/2004 12:09                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: 1500 Valve Rocker Cover Fit
                                       1300?

Looking at the Rimmers website (www.rimmerbros.co.uk) the same cover was
used for MkIV (1300) and earlier 1500 engines.  However, the covers for
other engines are probably only different in style, not function - this in
re-enforced by the fact that Rimmers sell just one alloy aftermarket cover,
for fitment to all models.  Also, the same rocker gasket is used for all
versions.

So if it was me I would happily go ahead and buy this rocker cover.  On the
other hand, I disclaim all responsibility if I am wrong about this!! ;-)

Richard Gosling

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.