Re: spot weld removal

To: "Dan Canaan" <flinters@picarefy.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spot weld removal
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:08:50 -0700
Dan,

Congrats on maintaining ownership of Giles.  It's great to hear your renewed
enthusiasm and best of luck in getting the tub completed and back on the
frame!  FYI, I did not fiberglass the footwells in my current Spitfire.  I
welded up the pinholes, ground the welds flat and then used steel-reinforced
putty to build up some of the low spots that were left when the surface rust
had been sandblasted away.  I did however, fiberglass patch the footwells in
the car I sold a year ago, and although it was meant to be a temporary fix,
the patch held up very nicely for the two years that I had that car.

Best wishes,

Jeff