Re: broken again...

To: JohnZissler@aol.com
Subject: Re: broken again...
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 06:44:54 -0700 (PDT)
that sounds like a good idea, I'm quite tempted to have a go at doing it
myself.  I have never touched the engine before, but I assume that
swapping heads over is a simple case of undoing a few bolts and then
doing them back up again?

That way I could put the old head on the car while I get round to fitting
the new springs and valves to the new head and re-fitting that at a later
date.

This is assuming that the piston isn't damaged of course, what are the
chances that it is damaged do you think?  The engine has run for maybe 2
minutes with the problem at idle.

Also a while ago there was talk of single and double valve springs on
1500 dolomite engines, mine has double springs and is from a '77 model.

cheers
John

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com