Greasing/Oiling Trunnions

To: "'Spitfire List'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Greasing/Oiling Trunnions
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:18:34 -0000
It seems that in my reply to James about oiling his trunnions, I implied
that those who grease their trunnions may not be the sharpest tools in the
box - at least those who grease them without first checking the manual, not
those who grease because their DPO did it and they didn't want to go to the
hassle of changing back.

It seems that my comments may have upset a small portion of this list, who
took them personally.  I did not intend to insult anyone on this list, and
made a point of mentioning that several list members have used grease
without apparent problems.  To anyone who feels insulted, I apologise.  I
still maintain that to lubricate your vehicle without checking what
lubricant you should use is pretty foolish, but that is meant as a general
comment, not as a personal slur on any individual.

In apologetic humility,

Richard

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email