Re: Ally Pally Show Review - and too good to be true gadgets

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ally Pally Show Review - and too good to be true gadgets
From: Dean Rayner <dean_rayner@mac.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2002 14:44:08 +0000
On Monday, March 11, 2002 1:31 pm, James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
wrote:
>Im not sure how it creates the sparks either - but it rattled - and on the
>leaflet it also stated that it rattled.

I believe there are 5(?) carbon like discs inside. I believe the stagered spark
is created by it 'jumping' around and accross these discs.  There was one
fitted by a DPO on my GT6.  I took it off as part of trouble shooting a
misfire.  I don't think it was responsible, but I can't say I miss it!!  The
misfire was down to tracking in the dizy cap and shaged old plug leads.  Did it
contribute??  I guess the insulation properties of the dizy cap were designed
for the power output of the origional ignition system and not the electronic
ignition with extra(?) delayed sparks???  Who knows?

You pays your maney and takes your choice.

Gadget no.3

Did any one see the convincing demonstration of the oil aditive?

My philosophy is if it is not advertised in the general motering press and
doesn't have resonable recomendations then stay clear.

Dean