Re: Ashamed of the 'tools' was 1500 tools

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ashamed of the 'tools' was 1500 tools
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:09:21 +0100
At 10:16 26-2-2001 -0500, Ptegler wrote:

>So...  I guess that makes me a fool?

Of course it doesn't! My car only ever let me down once, because of a dumb
mechanic making a mess of exchanging a halfshaft, leaving me without
brakes. Since then I don't let any mechanic near my car and do all my own
maintenance. The only other time I was worried I wouldn't get home was when
a HT lead fell of a plug in a right hand corner...

And you know what? So far, I never needed any of the tools I carry while on
the road (knocking dahboard). It's just that I'm afraid I will need them
the moment I leave them at home. Peace of mind, like some people will
always carry an umbrella, no matter what the weather is.

Perhaps there's a psychological explanation for carrying around all those
tools (and putting pictures of them on the web...): some men like tools as
much as some women like jewelry. Some women carry around a purse with
God-knows-what in it (you never know what'll happen, right?) - some men
carry around a lot of tools, probably all for much the same reasons.

Anyway, that's my way of explaining away the guilt about overloading my
poor Spit's boot. ;-)

>...or do I simply trust my babies, knowing they're paying me
>back for the quality of attention they receive?     :-)

Sure. A well cared for Spit will always reward you.

Cheers,

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green