Re: dailey drivers, was Magic Cure In A Bottle

To: vafred@erols.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dailey drivers, was Magic Cure In A Bottle
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:46:57 EST
Fred,

Maybe it depends on where you take your lady or your LBC. I had the pleasure
of meeting Mike near his home in Brooklyn, NY last year and following him (in
a torrential downpour) across Brooklyn, Manhattan Island, the Bronx, I-95,
and through everything NYC could throw at us. I saw potholes that would
literally swallow an LBC, hell-bound trucks on the Cross-Bronx Expressway,
ruts, rails, iron plates, bumps and every kind of highway mayhem you've seen
in the movies. I did not think my sturdy ol' Aerostar would make it. The idea
of dropping a halfshaft in the middle of the Roosevelt Expressway is a whole
different story from getting stuck in the normal world. He didn't drive his
LBC there and I don't think anyone else would either. I think both you and
Mike respect your cars too much to put them through that. I told Mike his
daily driver should be either a Humvee or a Checker Cab.

Tom Burke
80 Spit