Re: Exhausting problem....

To: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>, Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhausting problem....
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:17:19 -0400
This reminds me:

I have a Pacesetter header and a stock main pipe and muffler.  I get an annoying
booming resonance between 2600 and 3000 RPM.  With the top up or the hardtop
on, it can get pretty tiring on the highway.  The car can actually be quieter
with the OD off, since the engine then runs over the 3000 RPM limit.

Could this be caused by my header?  Does it happen with a completely stock
manifold and exhaust?  Any tips on reducing it?

Doug Braun