Re: LBC prejuduce sure stings... (long)

To: jmcneal@ohms.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC prejuduce sure stings... (long)
From: "dayton carpenter" <djcarpen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 00:56:55 PST
Jeff:

I certainly appreciate the time and effort you have put into your Spit.  I
have been following your saga since you bought the first beast and turned
around and sold it.

Don't get down on the body shops.  They are being candid with you. Unless
you have done bodywork the right way you don't know how time consuming and
expensive it is.  Shops don't like to do a half-ass job, as your car later
will speak to the quality of work they do.  I have a good friend that does
both restoration and collision repair.  They are not the same in terms of
cost, time, and effort.  They have trained eyes that see well beyond your
so-called rust bubbles.  Trust me it is like opening a can of worms.

I am attorney by trade but I have done several prize winning restoration
projects.  Using a MIG welder (don't use an arc welder you will warp
everything) a good air compression 3-4 HP with 30-60 gallon tank, some
decent air/hand tools, and a good mentor you can do it yourself.  The first
couple of cars won't be perfect but you will get after about three.  I know
you have son a maybe it is something now or later he might have an interest
in helping you with.  For about 20 years I have owned English cars.  I have
been lucky in the past to find some great mentors.

I would like to help you

Good Luck

Dayton J. Carpenter, Esq.
President of International Business and Legal Affairs
Foundsoft Science & Technology Group
12 F Office Plaza World Trade Centre Zhejiang
15 Shuguang Road
Hangzhou,  Zhejiang Province  310007
China

Tele:  86-571-795-0135 ext 8011