Re: Tyres ... again

To: Philip Warburton <cplimey@home.com>
Subject: Re: Tyres ... again
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:57:13 -0700
I use 175-70R13 Pirelli's and they work fine.  On your 205's look on the
tires (tyres, if you will) for evidence of rubbing.  Also check the
points where they are likely to rub.  The binding might not be rubbing
but the "snowplow effect" of the very tight radius of the Spitfire front
end.  At lock the front tires are so close to perpendicular with the
frame that it wants to "push"

Regards,
Joe

Philip Warburton wrote:

> I know there was a recent discussion on tyres and several web pages with
> info, but I want to get a list consensus.
> I have currently on my 1500 Spit, 205 -70-13 tyres, which I think are too
> big, appear to bind (lock to lock). They are installed on stock rims (4.5
> inches).
>
> They need replacing, and I am looking at 175-70-13's
> What are YOU using and are you satisfied with them.
>
> Any and all comments and suggestions would be appreciated
>
> Philip
> FM 32468U
>
> (Finished the winter work today and went to fire it up ... can't WAIT for
> Spring!)

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer