wheel wobble woes

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: wheel wobble woes
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:53:21 -0800
Hi everyone.  After making sure that the hub adapter nuts I received from
Spitbits were locked down good and tight, I proceeded to remount my wire
wheel.  Making certain that it was seated properly, I hand tightened my
knockoff and finished the job with a lead hammer.  I noticed that there is
still a very slight wobble in the wheel (this is the same one that fell off
recently).  The wheel is tight to the hub adapter, which is also on tight to
the hub.  There seems to be about 1/16" of play. I noticed that the front
rotor seems to be wobbling along with the tire also.  Something obviously
needs to be tightened up.

What now?  I'm assuming that I need to remove the wheel and hub adapter,
then tighten the four nuts that secure the rotor?  The large center hub nut
itself?  Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.  I want to make
sure my wheel stays ON this time!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego