Need to replace slave cylinder

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Need to replace slave cylinder
From: Metallian6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:56:59 EDT
Hi list. I hope this dose not show up 6 dozen more times. Anyway, I need to
replace the slave cylinder in Judas. I am looking at the fall issue of VB and
I see two possibilities. I am looking at page 109. My first question is what
is the difference between the alloy and the cast slave cylinder? Second, the
cast one shows it can be used on 73-80 models and the alloy says 67-72, but
the description above the list says the alloy is for 67-80 models. Can you
see where I'm confused? The alloy is less expensive and if it is as good as
the cast then I would prefer to save a little money. Can someone tell me
whether or not an alloy can be used on my 79, VB has me a little confused on
this. Also, I forgot who told me that my slave cylinder was leaking fluid
into my bell housing, but I want to thank that person, you hit the problem
right on the head. Also, thanks to the entire list. I'm glad there are so
many knowledgeable people here. If it wasn't for this list I would have a fun
time trying to figure out what was going wrong and how to fix it.

Jamie & Judas
1979 Spitfire 1500 "Judas"
1962 AH Sprite MKll
Web site link:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>Wel