Re: One more reason to Love Spitfires

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: One more reason to Love Spitfires
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 00:59:41 +0100
The MGF is the worse, you have to dissasseble the boot to gain access to the
engin.  No onder they use platinum sparkplugs.

Ok why do all GM vehicals I have come across us the Torque star type
connecters.  I once tryed to chainge the oil in my old Vauxhall Nova
Euro-mini-box thing.  They put the drain plug on the rear of the engin so
that you need a pit to get a socke in to undo it.

My metro I had to take the radiator out to take the top of the distributor.
But it had a chrome finned rocker cover and sump so I forgive it!

Now the parents GM Vauxhaull Astra has 2 foot of an induction manifold
wraped over the engin, one for each cylinder in one giant casting.  This has
to be removed to do anything.  Almost everything has got silver plastic
covers.  There things you can touch are bright yellow.  Suppose air
condidioning, powerstearing, 16valve mutipoin injection engin transmition
and others all in a space between the firewall on the spitfire and the
radiator cannot be good.