RE: Baby, you can wax my car.

To: Neil McAllister <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>,
Subject: RE: Baby, you can wax my car.
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 09:49:40 -0400
Barry,
        I too have used Zymol lately but had a problem with it recently.
There are no UV blockers in it. Only after a lengthy conversation with the
Mfg. would they admit it has no UV protection.
         Recently my roof had some water drops get on it from a shower while
parked. The drops made like a magnifying glass and "burned" the paint below
the clear coat the same shape as the drops. The sunburns as I call them are
a faded spot. I never had this problem in the past 6 years with this paint
job using either Classic or Mothers.
        I had an estimate of $200 to get the spots repaired. As usually
happens it will surely cost more once it get in the shop. Zymol does make a
great shine but before I ever use it again I will make sure I have a good
coat of real protection below it.
Burned in Texas,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L