Re: MC woes

To: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MC woes
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 08:30:42 -0400
Ryan,

 Fix that leaky cylinder quickly, before your bulkhead gets rusty.   And
don't discount the fact that the low front fluid could be something else,
like a bad caliper or hose.

Have you inspected them closely?

When the seals inside my M/C failed, there was no leak -- just a dropping
pedal, especially when the M/C got hot.

The rebuild kit doesn't cost that much (especially for you, eh?) so I would
suggest you do it anyway to prevent scoring of the M/C walls.  But look at
the rest of the system too.  And don't forget to bench-bleed the M/C before
you reinstall it in the car, unless you ENJOY torture.  :-)

Cheers,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spit (I have changed the brake fluid more often than the oil!)