Re: [Shotimes] TCCA on ABC World News

To: V8 List <v8sho@v8sho.com>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] TCCA on ABC World News
From: FlamingTaco <flamingtaco@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 06:38:58 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Jason,

I think it would be acceptable to talk about the origins of the Taurii
communities, mainly SHOclub and SHOtimes, and even the original mailing list,
and quickly mention the two main forums in use, TCCA and SHOforum, but the rest
should be mentioned only as a side note that there are many other sites and
mailing lists. If you start naming off a list of websites, it will most likely
be dumped entirely, or edited to just a few sites, at the interviewer's
pleasure. Take a list of sites to give to the interviewer, with the main sites
noted, and they may include them in a sidebar, but again, they will probably
edit them out for space or time.

I would not suggest mentioning the V8 problem. It's a dead horse that died the
day the articles appeared in the Detroit news. Bringing it up will give our
community the appearance that it is interested in stabbing a dead horse.

You did not mention the focus of the interview, or whom will compose the
entirety of this interviewer's sources, but I presume this to be a generic
article on the demise of the Taurus, and as such, the author will most likely
be interviewing many sources, which means the Taurii community's time will be
severly limited in the big picture. Make the interview count. Talk about what a
great vehicle it has been, despite many perceived design flaws in the mid 90's.
Talk about how it truly was a car for the masses, priced well, versatile, and
innovative from the start, and how it continues to appeal to many as a
dependable, quality vehicle, even though Ford essentially stopped investing in
the car over 10 years ago. Talk about how the SHO community has had to work to
deal with parts obsolescence in recent years, and how the SLO community is
thinking about the same thing now, because, by golly, we all love our Bulls,
and only when they can no longer be repaired will we even start to!
  consider replacing these beloved cars.

If you want Ford's attention, talk about what you love about the car. Bringing
up old would won't get you the time of day from Ford.

None of this will bring the SHO back, or even the Taurus, sorry, but a positive
interview might open the doors back up with Ford a little bit, maybe even help
the V8 owners (although, honestly, any car 7 years out of production is not
going to see any recall that's not forced by the NHTSA).

Good luck!

David