[Shotimes] Re: [v6sho] Re: Welcome to v6sho

To: shotimes <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: [v6sho] Re: Welcome to v6sho
From: Jon Heese <shotimes@jonheese.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 01:15:11 -0400
Ian Fisher wrote:
> It would be nice if the FAQ could be completely wiped out and
> pertinent info saved to be used elsewhere (different format?).
> However, as Ron said, the searchable archives on SHOforum have proven
> to be just as good a resource (if not better) than what the FAQ
> offers anymore. It's sad to say but I think that the FAQ is an
> obsolete idea and our SHOtimes FAQ has died an ugly death. I'm all
> for reviving it (I'd offer to help in some way or another) but is it
> even worth it?
>
> Ian

Well, I hope it's worth it.

I spent most of today (had the day off school and work due to stupid
Tropical Storm Ernesto) setting up WikiMedia (the software behind
WikiPedia) on my webserver for the purposes of testing out a new "V6SHO
Wiki".

After getting through all of the setup (I started with Fedora Core 3,
Apache 1.3 and PHP4.3 and ended up with FC4, Apache 2.0 and PHP5.0),
I've got the beginnings of a V6SHO Wiki.

I grabbed the basic shell of the content off the current SHOTimes FAQ,
and as soon as I have all of the administrative details worked out, I'll
post a link so anyone who wants to contribute can help move stuff over
or add new stuff as it comes up.

Note: I don't particularly want ownership, so to speak, of the Wiki, so
I have no problem moving it to a "neutral" location if one should
present itself.  In the meantime, we can start building useful content
and it can always be picked up and dumped into its final location later.

I'll probably post a link tomorrow sometime.

Opinions, thoughts, concerns?

Regards,
Jon Heese