[Shotimes] Re: Welcome to v6sho

To: <TechSHO@topica.com>
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: Welcome to v6sho
From: "Dave Garber" <dave.garber@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:27:42 -0400
Regarding a web interface - my Comcast account has a web interface for my
e-mail. Hotmail also has web. Gmail has web. Yahoo has web. AOL has web.
Shit, they pretty much ALL have web. What is the big deal about having a
specific web interface just for the list?? ALL of the e-mail options listed
above allow for the creation of filters, folders, labels, whatever to make
organizing the posts uber easy. It also allows for web-based archiving on a
per-user basis instead of making it necessary for the 'list' to be the
archive. This "I like the web interface" stuff just sounds like bitching for
the sake of bitching?

As far as digest mode goes, if you are using the web interface, there is no
need for it? You're not downloading anything, so whether there is 10 or 1000
posts daily, it's NBFD. And with the filters, folders and labels, you can
even sort them by topic, user, size, whatever.

As our memberships continue to decline, having all the lists separate seems
counter-productive.

Dave Garber