[Shotimes] Re: Speedo Error... was: My MPG Test is Working!!

To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: Speedo Error... was: My MPG Test is Working!!
From: MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:38:24 EDT
"Tyler Garlock was able to pick up a lot of time at the drag strip when  he
put drag radials on his SHO. Of course, there was extra grip, but they were
MUCH smaller than his regular wheels. I'm sure the size made a  difference."

For just that reason, we would drop down to 13" rims  and like  a D50 x 13 in
back (and skinnies in front) when dragging our Corvairs.   Those came out to
less than 24" diameter and took a  few tenths off the ET.  We didn't have the
option of swapping for a  higher rear end gear and were stuck with our 3.55s
-- well, some things  never change I guess.

Cheers
Mark LaBarre
94 atx 135k