Re: [Shotimes] Nitrogen-filled tires

To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Nitrogen-filled tires
From: "D. Mallinson" <dmall@mwonline.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 09:35:03 -0500
Mark,

I addressed this issue, the amount of water vapor in air in tires is
minimal, and I have taken off some really old tires used on both daily
drivers and stored collector cars and never found the rim or the tire to
have any deterioration.  The steel rims used on older cars should be a
dead giveaway if the moisture is to contribute to any deterioration at
all, and every rim I have ever had on an old car was pristine on the
inside, even if the outside was totally rusty.

The moisture angle should be of zero concern on tires that are changed
every year or every few years, if it makes no difference on tires that
are 20+ years old!

Don Mallinson