[Shotimes] Double Row Radiator in a Wagon?

To: "shotimes@autox.team.net" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shotimes] Double Row Radiator in a Wagon?
From: "George Fourchy" <krazgeo@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:12:40 -0700
Hey all...

I got a double row radiator for my Slorider wagon from Mark N last summer in
Indy.
I'm finally trying to put it in now.  I can see before I even start that the
double
won't fit, due to some of the a/c lines (R-134 conversion...hand made (or bent
suit) lines from the compressor) being in the way of it sliding down into
position...they'd hurt the fins pretty bad, and also... when it is in, the fan
won't
go back, due to the valve cover and the left side exhaust manifold being in
contact
with it.

What does one do to make this radiator/fan assembly fit?  Is there a thinner
fan or
one with the motor and fan located somewhere different...more to the driver's
side...that I should use?

Anyone done this recently and figured out the answers?

I'd have to have the fan, since the car is used mostly in town, and the a/c is
on
all the time (in summer) to keep both the occupants and the engine cool.

All suggestions appreciated.

George