Re: [Shotimes] installing AC compressor and receiver/drier

To: "van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net>, <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] installing AC compressor and receiver/drier
From: <clubairth@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 19:29:23 -0500
Joe:
 I usually split the oil between the two. Be sure and stand the compressor
on the end with the front seal pointing down for at least 30 minutes before
installing. This helps lube the front seal. Also after the compressor is
installed and all the lines are hooked up and before you install the belt.
Be sure and rotate the compressor by hand at least 12-15 revolutions. This
is to circulate any standing oil in the compressor. If you don't, when you
slam that compressor into operation for the first time, too much oil in the
wrong place might blow out a valve. Can't compress a fluid and all that!
.
.
Fords usually take 8-10oz of oil?