Re: [Shotimes] Tie rods

To: <TBailSHO@aol.com>, <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Tie rods
From: "leighsm" <leighsm@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:02:08 -0400
It's not all that hard to tell if they are worn.
Jack the car up and shake the tire. Movement fron 3 to 9 o'clock usually
means bad tie rods.
To tell which one, use the 1st & 2nd finger of the same hand, and put one
finger on one side of the bot of the suspected outer rod end, and the other
finger on the other side. Shake the tire and you will feel movement &
clicking if that joint is bad. For the inner touch the rod itself and the
surrounding car bodywork.
The outer ones seem to typically go first. I'd replace them in pairs if one
is bad.
Lee