Re: [Shotimes] Thoughts on Kumho Ecsta 711s

To: "Hartberger, Jason M. AT2 (AW)" <hartbejm@cvn71.navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Thoughts on Kumho Ecsta 711s
From: "James F. Ryan III" <av8r567@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:21:26 -0400
225/50s and 225/55s are the same width........225mm.

I'll assume you meant 255/50....that would be wide.

255/50 has a sidewall height of:
    255 x .50 = 127.5mm
    127.5 / 25.4 = 5.02"

225/55 has a sidewall height of:
    225 x .55 = 123.75mm
    123.75 / 25.4 = 4.87"
    (that's why steering response is so good)

215/60 has a sidewall height of:
    215 x .60 = 129.0mm
    129.0 / 25.4 = 5.08"

The 255/50 and the stock 215/60 have an almost identical sidewall height.
But, the stock 6" wide wheel pulls the sidewalls in too tight and therefore
they are not in a "natural orientation".  That's the reason for the mushy
turn-in.