Re: [Shotimes] being put out to stud

To: shotimes@autox.team.net, <shotimes@autox.team.net>(SHOTimes)
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] being put out to stud
From: krazgeo@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:11:45 +0000
From: "van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net>
> My SHO has a broken front wheel stud.  I do not want to deal with all of the
> steps and time of taking off a front hub/bearing/etc. and taking it in for a
> new lug to be hydraulically pressed in.

Install it yourself on the car, with the wheel removed, so that you can see
more easily the progress of the seating of the stud.  Hammer the old one out
from the front, and install the new one from the back.  Use the lug nut upside
down so that the larger top side of the nut takes the load, rather than the
smaller tapered shoulder.  Tighten until it seats.  Then install the wheel and
tighten to specs as above.  (Flip the nut right side up...but you knew to do
that, right?)

You can check torque again in a day or so, but I'll bet it won't have changed.

George