shop-talk

Re: [Shop-talk] Some entertainment for a winter's day

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>, "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Some entertainment for a winter's day
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> T6hk5GvpuKjTfbDR0J7V4dwgzWEnhvyXPPkdDCgQ7/L9JxPIgG/A+3kHS9Z/zoHq9o7qVGSgtiBoDQpu4VWmz9atga7YpgK+C5BEq679P7cVW7w5x0dCYeV7
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 16:49:30 -0800
If true--I still recall some shenanigans, but have no source--then I
stand corrected. The City of San Jose--memory vague--took substantial
funds from the FAA to keep RHV open as a reliever/emergency strip then
turned around and tried to shut it down (well, the developers who had a
hard-on for the land did). People buy/build homes near raceways,
airports etc. at reduced prices fully intending to start filing lawsuits
as soon as they move in. If you're a big fan of Zoe Lofgren, still in
Congress AFAIK, she made her name crusading against RHV; fortunately,
she went on to bigger and better things.

Sounds like you're not a pilot; pilots take airport closures--any of
them--personal.

bs