shop-talk

Re: [Shop-talk] Plumbing help requested

To: tjcora@icloud.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plumbing help requested
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 16:23:48 GMT
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Full-name: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Plumber just left. Problem solved.
For a change for me, I jumped on the early advice to use a pro but the reality
that I had the entire weekend to await their arrival I had to take a swing at
it myself.  Of course I just cut the old stuff out and went with all new
fittings.  I went the shark bite route and had everything looking beautiful but
it failed the leak check - damn.

The original failure point was the copper T fitting joint - it was obvious that
one of the pipes had backed out about 1/2 inch and a pinhole formed.  My repair
failed at the same place and I am unsure whether it was poor soldering or
damage to the joint due  to the force needed to seat the SBs - it took
surprising force to seat three simultaneously.

All in all I am happy it is done and don&#65533;t have to worry about SBs in
the ground.  I had already formulated a plan to protect them in silicone filled
pvc pipe sleeves. Thanks for the silicone tip Steven T!

Once again this list is a valuable resource.  Thanks guys!  I plan to be in the
shop much more going forward.  Maybe I can generate some more traffic - it?s
been slow.

MB