shop-talk

Re: [Shop-talk] Organizing garage/shop

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Organizing garage/shop
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:05:08 -0500
  As others have mentioned, I covered all the walls in my shop(20'x40')
with pegboard. I still haven't made maximum use of it but keep moving
things around until I get things more efficient.

I also put up 2 shelves on the 2 walls with windows, one right at the
top of the windows, and one about 18" higher. I have 10' ceilings, so
there is plenty of room up there.

There is about 4' above my overhead door where I was able to hang
ladders and other oversize things that I don't use very often. I put up
some hooks to hang thins on, as well as pulleys and ropes to get the
stuff up and down without needing a ladder.

I have 1 cart with minimum tools on it that I load up when I need to do
a job. It doesn't take up much room, and it helps me keep it cleaned off
so all I need to do is load it up, and not unload the junk that would be
piled on it that might stay there if I had more carts to use!

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Jorge Garcia, On 7/12/2010 4:13 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001

Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive