shop-talk

Re: [Shop-talk] Organizing garage/shop

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Organizing garage/shop
From: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 07:47:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Jorge,

What's the ceiling height?  If you got the height, you might look at getting a
car stacker - these have gotten surprisingly
cheap and can get you a lot of floor space if there is at least one of the
vehicles you don't drive much...

I'm not sure I'd do a dedicated cart for each task, but have had good luck with
a workbenches and some tools on casters so
you can roll them out of the way when not being used/roll them right up to
where you are working.  I can't help you on the
yard tools as I actually built a separate space to get them out of the "real"
shop (I actually store the engine hoist
out there too, but that's another story).  On the big hand tools, I've got some
military ammo crates that seem to work pretty well for most of them - you can
just label them and stack them up or shove
them where you'd have trouble putting other things and you're in business...  I
tend not to use peg board, as it seems like
a poor use of what little wall space I have (I either need the space to work or
I want more "efficient" storage, like shelves).

Good Luck,

rkg
(Richard George)
20X28 shop...