shop-talk

RE: very small utility trailer

To: "Rich White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: very small utility trailer
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:24:57 -0700
> Has anyone had experience with a bolt together trailer? I would think the
> success would depend a lot on how well it was assembled.

I've likewise got a 4'x8' folding version of the one HF sells (although I
bought mine through JCW back in 90 I think).  It's worked out quite well for
me, even used it to move our household.  Only about 20 miles, but I sure
made a bunch of trips.

I did go over it and retighten all the bolts a few years ago, but I didn't
find any that were distressingly loose.  Just another 1/4 turn or so on some
of them, mostly the ones that hold the plywood bed on.  And that was likely
caused by shrinkage of the plywood.

Randall