shop-talk

RE: Workbench Constr & shop ventilation

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Workbench Constr & shop ventilation
From: Ken Landaiche <ken_landaiche@dlcc.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 13:59:55 -0800

If the ground and gravel are prepared correctly, the styrofoam won't
affect the slab. Usually, the styrofoam only extends two feet in from
the edges of the slab, enough to break the thermal conductivity path
from the warm interior to the cold outside.

I did this once on a garage slab I had poured and it worked quite well.
On the garage I just built, I let the contractor talk me out of adding
the styrofoam. Now I regret it.

Styrofoam helps and if done correctly has no effect on the integrity of
the slab or foundation.

Ken Landaiche